August Meeting Agenda
· Book Study: Wednesdays at 6:30 P.M. at Books-a-Million.
· Tennis: I’ve got my own equipment! So I’m going to be there each Sunday
o However, I want to propose a movie night: A Man for All Seasons
· Holy Hour Update
o Don’t forget: 9/10: Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church.
o Hang Out time will be at the church as well.
o We will begin to go to perpetual adoration chapels to pray together.
o I will establish a schedule for this
· The Holy Hour with Father Conner last night was a truly excellent time. Thanks to everyone who made it great
· T-shirt Update: Same as last month
o I’m back at my office, so I will be able to send the T-Shirt information to Kitty Clark to help us out with that.
o Once and invoice is granted, money for it will be collected.
o Again, this will still be a slow process, since the beginning of the school year is one of the really stressful parts of my job and requires many extra hours at the office.
o I am still in the phase of difficulty. I’ll try to get some work on this done this week.
· March for Life: I am having an impossible time getting a hold of Miss T.
o I need some of you who are in Ms. T’s circle to communicate with her, so that I can get a checklist of all the things I need to prepare in order to get this done.
o I’m not doing all this planning if I don’t have a practical checklist to work with and I’m not doing a guessing game.
· Monthly reminder of what is expected of active Juventutem Members:
o Definition of an Active Member = someone who takes part physically and not only in spirit in the activities of a Juventutem chapter.
o Spiritual Committments:
§ Every Day: pray for the sanctification of youth, especially for other members of Juventutem.
§ Every Week: enter a church or oratory at least once to adore Our Lord present in the tabernacle. This may be any day and it may be during Mass as well.
§ Every Year:
· Hearing Holy Mass in the extraordinary form at least once, but for us, we have decided to go as often as possible.
· Going to Confession at least once.
· Taking part in some Juventutem activity
· Catechesis: we will use Churchmilitant.tv for our future catechesis.
o We will draw on this for our apologetics. We will do this in our down time after holy hours (which I still need to scheduleLucas mentioned that we will be busy as a Juventutem group with cleaning the church by sweeping, mopping, and cutting the grass. This is just a reiteration that I will leave that project to him for communication between the parish and our youth group. Thank you, Lucas!