Things have been pretty quiet since the March for Life. I've been playing a heck of a lot of catch up since we got back and the travel expense broke my bank! I'm still offering prayer and sacrifices for the dignity of human life. FACT!
Anyway, now that I've got some things under control, it's time to start getting things regrouped and back together again, because some of our endeavors have gone by the wayside.
The next Juventutem meeting is on February 23rd.
Here is the agenda for the meeting. Please read it ahead of time, so that we'll be ready for these points of discussion. That way, we can address our cares and concerns from members that much quicker:
- There is a need for a few more responsibilities
- Current Responsibilities:
- Coordinator: David Hardey. Sets everything in place for goals to be met. Attends all meetings and events of all sorts if at all possible.
- Treasurer: Mary Catherine Scarbrough. Keeper of the money bag. At every meeting, she simply let's us know how we're doing monetarily. She communicates any purchase requests to me for approval.
- Secretary: Julia Falgoust. Recorder of Monthly meetings. Sends monthly minutes to the Coordinator. Serves as the right hand of the Coordinator in all things.
- Needed Positions and Responsibilities:
- Inventory Control Specialist: Store all non-monetary assets and assists Logistics with set up for events ahead of time (holy hours, fundraisers, meetings, mandafun, et cetera). Must find someone to take care of their responsibilities as a substitute and/or helper. All purchased materials goes to this person. [Any purchasing from Juventutem must be approved by Group Coordinator through the Treasurer. Keeping this chain of communication is what keeps communication smooth]. If materials are needed for any event of any kind, this is the person who knows what is or is not at our disposal.
- Logistics Coordinator: Oversees the planning of all important events. Stays in communication with Coordinator and Secretary. Sets up meetings, whether they are electronic or personal. Dependent on Inventory for materials and Treasurer for any needed funding.
- 2nd secretary: Monthly secretarial duties, id est informing all of our ministers of upcoming Juventutem events and setting up a schedule of holy hours with St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church, Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church, St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, et cetera.
- Development Coordinator: Responsible for continually seeking out ways that we can raise funds. Oversees the carrying out of proposed fundraising opportunities, evaluates what would work and what wouldn't, works with Logistics on what fundraisers have been confirmed and how they will be carried out.
- We need to restart our prayer apostolate of holy hours, which has fallen off the wayside as of late.
- This revival will be spearheaded by the chosen 2nd Secretary
- We need to restart our community fellowship events (mandafun!), which are still being maintained thanks to Paul and Kyrie among others. Thanks to all of you who have maintained fellowship while I have been regrouping. That is one sure-fire way to keep us together when your coordinator is down for the count.
- There has been some behind-the-scenes talk about a pilgrimage to Clear Creek Monastery over the summer. This must be brought out for discussion and decided upon in this meeting. Please consider the following while considering this pilgrimage:
- Expenses and our ability to pay for the trip and the donation that they will request of us.
- Necessary planning: Logistics and J-dogg would have to have a sit down meeting to write up all necessary things to bring/wear.
- Julia would be responsible for communication with Clear Creek.
- What else would commitment to this pilgrimage sacrifice and is that worth it?
- How many pilgrimages can/should our youth group handle in a year's time?
- Fundraising plans: Development is in charge of this based on whether it's a go or not.
- The youth in our community are seeking spiritual nourishment among peers. We ought to try to develop a catechetical apostolate that can meet that need.
- First, it will be decided whether there is a need for it and if we are capable of committing to such a responsibility. The remainder is based on if we take on the task:
- I will propose that we will first be catechised by the Ascension Press Journey through the Bible led by Jeff Cavins and that our apostolate will be to offer either Ascension Press' T-3 for High School Age Bible Study or Ascension Press' Encounter for Middle School Age Bible Study.
- Which age group will be considered in discussion and will be based on the need and our ability to catechize and evangelize. Check out the links below for a preview:
- Material expenses will be considered
- How long should it take to acquire these materials?
- Fundraiser plans: Development is in charge of this and must meet with Logistics, Inventory and Mary Catherine.